Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Auto
Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
On tripod

Thanks for watching

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey Kostas,
Exposure and BG both look good but the subject, while interesting, doesn't have enough strength to carry the enrie image for me. Did you try going closer and focus on less of the swirls? I would even try to go for more of a diagonal if you get another chance. A nice idea but in this presentation it need something to balance the twisting vine.

Steve Maxson
08-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi Kostas. That is one very cool looking spiral you found! Roman does make a good point about the comp - you might try cropping from both sides to reduce the amount of background and focus more of our attention on the vine. :S3:

John Storjohann
08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi Kostas;

Roman and Steve both make good points...it's an interesting subject, but it needs to be more of a focal point or have something else in the image to help balance it. Depending on how (or if) you decide to crop it, you might tone down the circular yellow highlight in the BG...I think we've all been in the same place before..you know there's an image there...it's a matter of making it work. Looking forward to more from you.

kostas nianiopoulos
09-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Thank u so much guys :)

Ken Childs
09-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Kostas, I have to agree with the comments already made. If this were mine, I'd crop away the lower ½ of the image and give it a bit of a CCW rotation.

I started playing with this in Photoshop and it has great potential for the OOTB forum. :S3: