PDA

View Full Version : Cheetahs in the rain

RakeshDhareshwar
08-30-2011, 03:38 AM
It was the last day of our safari at the Mara and I had not got the Cheetah in a good frame . Just half an hour was left for our return back when we saw 3 cheetah lazing off in the distance after a meal . Our guide was in a hurry to get back tellling is that they would'nt move , but I had this intinct that they would come nearer . After some 20 mins of waiting for some action , they finally got up and walked towards us in the rain . While the sighting was a normal one , the rain made it special .

Camera : Canon 1D MK III
Lens : Canon 600 mm f4 IS
Aperture : f8
Shutters : 1/100
Speed : ISO 1250

Cheers,
Rakesh

Harshad Barve
08-30-2011, 06:41 AM
very nicely done RD , love the pose and rain drops
TFS

Rachel Hollander
08-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Nice pose and inclusion of the tails. I might take a little off the top and would tone down the highlights in the middle which appear to be from small puddles.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
08-30-2011, 03:38 PM
The raindrops are certainly a nice touch here Rakesh. I like the similar poses too.
I wish the OOF foliage upfront wasn't there but know how tricky it is sometimes, especially if you are not allowed to go off-road :e3

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Hey Rakesh,
The rain definitely adds to the mood. Rachel brings up a good point on the puddles but very minor to a very nice moody image.

Hilary Hann
08-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Very nice Rakesh, love the rain giving a wonderfully different view of cheetah on the plains. In fact, I feel that the oof foreground adds to the lush wet feel in this image whereas I wouldn't probably like it so much if it were a dry and dusty scene. Agree on toning down the puddles and would love to see the eyes a tiny bit more if possible. Love the full tummies. Well done, very nice image.

DanWalters
08-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Like the way the filtered light helps bring out the rain drops.

Robert Amoruso
08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Nice job getting a well composed juxtaposition of the two. I would second the comment on a bit off the top.

Stu Bowie
09-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Rakesh, I like the similar poses, both alert, and both cheetah's well placed in the frame. Colours look good, and the rain adds a nice touch, where most people wouldnt have taken the shot.

ramesh anantharaman
09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Brilliantly exposed and composed given the situation and conditions sir. love the feel to this. Yeah I think the puddles can easily be taken care of.