Taken just before sunset into the sun.

CameraNikon D3S
Focal Length48 mm
Shutter Speed1/500 sec.
Aperture10
ISO400

Steve Kaluski
08-29-2011, 12:20 PM
AHHA, I know that spot, wish you could add the sound to this location, nicely done.

Did you take the chopper flight around and then up the gorge?

TFS
Steve

Arthur Morris
08-29-2011, 05:25 PM
I really love everything about this but for the tree in the upper left corner. Not sure if it is the tree itself or the fact that the lighting on the tree does not match the lighting on the rest of the image. Or both?

Don Railton
08-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Hi Brendon

Nicely done with the moody mist floating by. I wonder if a little slither could be cropped of on the RHS however...maybe not. Artie's tree does not bother me so much...

thanks for showing

DON

Brendon Cremer
08-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks all for your comments, Steve have been on the chopper flight but not this time, this was just a quick stop over for the night before a safari. Arthur there was another tree in front of the one you can see that is what is blocking the light, i did think of removing it but decided it didnt bother me that much:S3: Don will play around with a few different crops:w3

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey Brendon,
I like the idea of cropping off the RHS.....middle of the dark area eliminating the tree protruding into the horizon line. I could go either way on the tree on the LHS but all in all nicely done with very good definition in the water.

Dave Mills
08-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi Brendon, I can see this image getting a varying of opinions. I usually do not like a small amount of leaves (shown on the upper left) because they often have a tendency to look clipped. I keep going back to them and in this case I could live with them since they appear to be completing a frame. Art does make a point regarding drawing the eye since they are stark. The rt side seems balanced to my eye but I'm noticing a halo in various areas along the flowery edge...

Rachel Hollander
08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Brendon - I really like this. The tree doesn't bother me and the flowers really add to it. Brings back nice memories though I was at the Falls in the morning and did the flight even earlier. Btw I see the halo too.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey Brendon,
I like the idea of cropping off the RHS.....middle of the dark area eliminating the tree protruding into the horizon line. I could go either way on the tree on the LHS but all in all nicely done with very good definition in the water.

I agree with Roman.

Morkel Erasmus
08-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Love the mood in this Brendon! I don't mind the leaves top RHS but think dodging them will make them less 'distracting' to most people.
I also notice the halo along the foliage edge here on the larger version. Probably just the result of improper selection before making adjustments on the foliage or falls? :e3

Roger Clark
09-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Brendon
I like this image pretty much as is. I would not crop the left side as I feel it would be too much impact on the flowers. I would lighten the upper left corner to reduce the dark contrast.

Roger

Brendon Cremer
09-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks all for the great comments:w3