PDA

View Full Version : Desoto Osprey

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Well after an absence, i'm back out shooting, and hopfully posting! :t3Stopped by Fort Desoto this week. Found this Osprey being pestered by some nasty Gulls.
Canon 7D
500mm + 1.4 teleEXII
Manual , ISO 400
F 6.3 1/800s
Thks for looking, this is my forst image with a new computer, and CS 5.1

Ishmeet Sahni
08-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Sharp, Crisp and super light. An amazing image. Those sharp Talons seem to be ready to attack.
Super eye contact. The image just seems to be a bit cramped, a little more space behind would enhance the image, in my opinion.

Congratulations on your new computer........

Daniel Cadieux
08-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Nice fly-by pose, love the intense stare. I agree the comp is not the best it could be (I'd personally prefer an horizontal comp for this pose), and I feel the wings have a smoothed-over look like if NR was applied to them?

Congrats on the new computer and CS5...always fun to start fresh with new equipment!

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Thks Dan, i'll try your suggestions and repost.. thks Can you suggest what my setting should be set for when you save the final image for web devices, i think i selected bicubic smooth.. is this correct or if not perhaps a snap shot so i can make sure i'm doing the standard... cheers don

Don Railton
08-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi Don

I agree with Dan and think the masking you have done during processing has let you down somewhat and taken the edge (literally) of a great image IMHO. If you check out the upper wingtip between the feathers you can see fuzzy colour changes typical of less than perfect masking and then doing something like background NR. It exists to a lesser degree completely around the edge of the bird. I have made this mistake myself many times. Have a play with "refine edges" and the parameters within after the initial selection before the NR process and I think this image will shine..

DON

Daniel Cadieux
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Thks Dan, i'll try your suggestions and repost.. thks Can you suggest what my setting should be set for when you save the final image for web devices, i think i selected bicubic smooth.. is this correct or if not perhaps a snap shot so i can make sure i'm doing the standard... cheers don

Don, try just "Bicubic".

Troy Lim
08-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Nice to see you back again...let me know next time you are around here again.