PDA

View Full Version : Up the Main Mast

Mark Fuge
08-27-2011, 08:13 AM
This image is of the rigging on the tall ship HMS Bounty, which visited Florida a few years ago. The original was shown in a prior theme week. I thought this was an interesting graphic/abstract image, for this weeks theme.

Modifications in PS4 included; Cutout;Accented Edges; Ink Outline; Fractalius. I also bucketed a few areas with color,where it was less colorful.

Enjoy!

Indranil Sircar
08-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Outstanding abstract, Mark! I like the elements of cubism you have achieved in this image. The buckets/splashes of complementary colors makes this even more appealing. Excellent visualization and processing!

Anita Bower
08-27-2011, 11:04 AM
I think this is a wonderful abstract! The many diagonal lines are strong. The colors marvelously bright. Great geometric shapes. Good work!

denise ippolito
08-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Mark, My very favorite of your abstracts! Great bold color, graphic look and lines. This could even work as a horizontal-great job!!:S3:

Mark Fuge
08-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

... This could even work as a horizontal-great job!!:S3:

You sure, Denise? :Whoa!: I think the crew might get a little shaken if it heeled over 90 degrees!!! :eek3: It's a pretty big boat to do that! :2eyes2: :bg3:

Anita Bower
09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Congratulations. Well deserved win.