PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Act - 2a

Steve Maxson
08-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Same Crab Spider and same Syrphid fly as my recent post, but balancing the fly from the other end. I went with a wider crop this time to show more of the Black-eyed Susan flower, though a tighter crop would also likely work. 5D II, MP-E 65 mm at 1X, 1/80, f/16, ISO 400, MT24-EX macro twin flash (diffused), HH. The background is natural vegetation this time. I cleaned up the flower a little and ran nr on the background. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Dave Leroy
08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Excellent action/behavior shot. Amazing the relative strength in these little creatures. I really like the nice sharp details and spot on focus. Very well done.
There does seem to be a natural spot for a crop but this version gives a good indication of sizes.

Lovely bg.

Dave

christopher galeski
08-27-2011, 03:28 AM
good image Steve,nice and sharp,nice BG,for me,I would like a bit off the right,and a bit added on the left,well done.

Mark T Helm
08-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I like the crop, it opens the stage and increases the drama of the capture. Excellent in camera execution and post processing. The spider much have very toxic venom to paralyze prey of that size so quickly.

Jerry van Dijk
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi Steve, wonderful composition and execution. I like how you got the fly, the flower heart and the spider all in focus. I'm surprised that such a little spider is going to eat that whole fly....:eek3:

kostas nianiopoulos
08-30-2011, 04:12 AM
just great , all the comment above has cover me , well done !!!

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey Steve,
I'd go with the crop off right but it does give a nice sense of scale as presented. Great job with lighting as usual and the action puts it over the top!

Jonathan Ashton
09-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow that is a fine image Steve, I think the crop is good and the detail is excellent.

Ken Childs
09-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey Steve, great action shot....pretty good DOF considering the lens you used. I like the crop as is although I think tighter would look great also. Nice to have options like that!

These crab spider make great subjects, don't they? I'm hoping some are still around when I head out with my macro lens, hopefully in the near future.