PDA

View Full Version : El Torcal de antequera 2

Valerio Tarone
08-26-2011, 02:42 PM
sigma 17-35 at35mm f8 1/100 ISO250 Ev. exposition WB auto
minimum cwork in PP as Curves, color point on the sky(less brightness, a bit of rose)
Critics welcome!

Rachel Hollander
08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Valerio - I like the mist and clouds, gives it a sort of eerie feel. I would crop down from the top to get rid of the bright spot that draws the eye. I think there's a dust spot in the middle of the clouds, below the right edge of the bright spot and about half-way down.

TFS,
Rachel

Dave Mills
08-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Valerio, I like Rachel's crop idea. Nice mood to the image with pretty good definition overall. The rose sky is simply a matter of taste. Another idea is to crop from the left up to the the left side of the most forward green bush. While not a perfect comp it does accentuate the perched rock with the silhouetted backround...just a thought...

Robert Amoruso
08-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Valerio,

I did the following in the repost. My goal was to accentuate the best aspect of this image and to me that is the diagonal flow of the rocks.

Steps in Photoshop.

1) Local contrast enhancement (great thing to do for rocks) using USM on Background copy at 30/50/0 settings.
2) Levels correction to lighten it.
3) Mild S-Curve adjustment to add contrast.

Cropped to accentuate the diagonal flow of the rocks.

Valerio Tarone
08-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Robert yes,I see. The image,has been treated in USM 60-4-4
I'm just back from mountaneering .

Arthur Morris
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
I like Robert's repost much better than the ORIG but for the fact that he took too much off the bottom.... All in all the image does not float my boat; not sure that the subject matter is ideal.