PDA

View Full Version : Swirl

dankearl
08-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Another Greater yellowlegs w/ another unusual crop I guess, although like the other one I posted, no crop,
almost full frame.
I was close and the water interested me as much as the bird.

DSC_0892nx.jpg

1 (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=99371&stc=1&d=1314322245)/1000
f6.3
600mm
iso400

Jeff Parker
08-25-2011, 09:19 PM
I like the color and texture of the water. Nice reflection also.

The bubbles aren't interesting enough to me to warrant having the bird so far left. Is the bird a touch soft around the head/beak or are my eyes tired?

dankearl
08-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Jeff, thanks for the comment.
As I stated, it is full frame, so moving the bird is not possible, I shot it on purpose, so my mistake in comp, I guess.
As far as sharpness, no sharpening applied in PP at all, this is basically out of camera in all aspects, except the minimal sharpening required in the resizing process.

It does not look soft to me.

Luis Villablanca
08-25-2011, 09:59 PM
I also like the colors on the water and the reflection.
The image is a bit tilted and need approx a 2-dgree CW correction. Besides that,
I would add extra room to the left to balance the image a bit.

arash_hazeghi
08-26-2011, 01:50 AM
very nice BG colors and nice details, I would move the bird to the right and lower in the frame

Daniel Cadieux
08-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Looks sharp enough to me, and the water colour/texture is very nice. Not crazy about the subject placement within the frame though and I find the comp cramped...nice predicament to have subjects come in so close!

Ron Sprunger
08-26-2011, 03:14 PM
While it may violate all the compositional rules, I'm with you on the beauty of the water, and I don't see how you could preserve that with any kind of post-capture stretching and cropping. It's a very nice image, and would have been even better if you'd zoomed that 600 out just a little... :w3 You're clearly shooting this one for your own satisfaction, so congratulations on a great result.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Dan, I agree with what others have said...nice exposure, sharpness, water texture but definitely looks cramped at the top.