PDA

View Full Version : Oryx

Lorant Voros
08-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I keep on looking at my photos from Namibia. Here is another image of that caught my eye. jpeg compression is pretty strong again to fit into the 200kb.

1DMKIII
500mm +1.4TC
ISO400
f:8
1/1000
Tripod

Brendon Cremer
08-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Lovely image, great colours and well exposed, comp is great and over all a great shot:S3:

Dumay de Boulle
08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Very nice, love the mnt's in the BG...Great look and feel.

Rachel Hollander
08-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Lorant - this is beautiful. Great to include the mountains and the oryx is nicely placed in the frame.

TFS,
Rachel

Hilary Hann
08-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I also like the inclusion of environment and the position in the frame of the oryx. You've kept the feeling of the harsh desert light and I'm wondering what time of day you took this, not that I think that it detracts, far from it. Keeping the surrounding environment and the light gives the viewer a good feel for what the place could be like. Love the detail in the foreground rocky ground with the little shrubs … tough area!

Lorant Voros
08-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Hello Hilary. It was about an hour before sunset. I stayed until sunset and have photos with very soft light. I was alone there with the wild horses, oryx, ostriches and a jackal. It was a magic hour for me.

I also like the inclusion of environment and the position in the frame of the oryx. You've kept the feeling of the harsh desert light and I'm wondering what time of day you took this, not that I think that it detracts, far from it. Keeping the surrounding environment and the light gives the viewer a good feel for what the place could be like. Love the detail in the foreground rocky ground with the little shrubs … tough area!

Steve Kaluski
08-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi Lorant, I would agree and echo Hilary's comments, it's a very arresting image in a great setting. Certainly for me I might have shot tighter, but then would have lost the setting and environment and the feeling this image conveys. I just wonder if a slight warming just pulls out a bit more of that lovely soft colours in the BG and Oryx, but retaining the arid rocky FG. Good call in retaining a hint of sky too, gives the image expanse and depth IMHO.

Hope to see more Lorant.

TFS
Steve

Paul Taylor
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
It's a beautiful image... and the repost might be even a bit more beautiful.

Robert Amoruso
08-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Good environmental look to this image. I find it pleasing to view and observe the beautiful creature in its habitat.

Harshad Barve
08-28-2011, 10:50 PM
liked this very much as posted
TFS

Morkel Erasmus
08-30-2011, 03:14 AM
This is very nice Lorant...I know how harsh the African sun can look an hour before sunset, but to be fair most of us shoot to well after an hour after sunrise, and I tend to not worry about starting my afternoon wildlife photography from about 2-3 hours before sunset.

I love the BG...was this at Aus? Show us some of those wild horses :t3

DanWalters
08-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Nice composition and I like the cliffs in the background. Lie the warmer colors in the repost.