PDA

View Full Version : Teton Barn

Roman Kurywczak
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Another slide.........no specs other tha I almost always use a polariser and E100VS film. Cropped to a pano from bottom and a hair off top. I'll be back with the Mark lll this year........in the meantime,
comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman
PS Robert.......check out the signiture:D........and yes, I used one!

gary rouleau
03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Roman great shot -the lighting is fabulous, those mountains are wonderful. My only nit would be to have a little more real estate to the sides.

gary

David Kennedy
03-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Roman,
This image from "Mormon Row" feels a little tight overall, but particularly the left and right edges. From a technical perspective, you mentioned it was a film scan and I wonder if you did not set white & black points after the pre-scan, because there's some weird, "artificial" lightness going on in the edges of the barn on the left side where the colors should most certainly be dark. I've outlined them in red in this example so you can see where I'm talking about. I don't see the problem anywhere else in the image.

Cheers,
David

Roman Kurywczak
04-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Hmmmmm! This is an old scan........not sure about anything at this point! Will double check and let you know. BTW............Nikon was no help today.........other than take more money! This is the 3rd time the scanner is goingfor service in 3 years! Seems like Canon isn't the only company that doesn't give a **** about it's customers!
Not happy today,
Roman

Paul Marcellini
04-01-2008, 06:04 PM
With all this customer service I keep hearing about, I just pray my 20d keeps ticking. I'm scared to buy a new camera. =)

Back to the image, besides the nits mentioned, I'm really diggin it. Can't wait to see it with the new camera.