PDA

View Full Version : el Torcal de Antequera

Valerio Tarone
08-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm always\ enticed by strange rocks, I have beeen planning to visit El Torcal in Andalusia. A kingdomof rocks. Problems: wind, rain, sunlight continous sudden changes, so it had been control the light.
Nikon D300 on tripod. 17-35 at 35mm. f81/500 ISO250 Wb auto Ev.exposition manual focus
In Nikon C. i made:s shape reverse trying blending modes(opacity) and color point on the sky(without too success)!

Fog:sometimes can have some fashion.. or not? Critics..

Dave Mills
08-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi Valerio, Nicely layered diagonal lines with the fog creating a sense of mystery. IMO I would crop out about a third of the sky. The mood is still retained in the overall image by doing so...

Valerio Tarone
08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Thank Dave
Indeed Itcwas what i've done ,only a bit ,excludind the pale ball of sun. I understand it' better, so I repost it,.

Dave Mills
08-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi Valerio, I like the crop. What I didn't notice before was a magenta cast to the image. I don't know if you wanted that or not...

Valerio Tarone
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Yesv Dave: the situation was foggy with a pale sun over, the sky grey. I tried to improve the sky in color with Color point,minimum >red-blue, minimum decrease in brihtness, contrast, of course sharpening as JP.Odell's instructions for landscapes:intensity 60% radius 4 thresold 3. A bit, of course also in levels LCE. The only, bit point disturbing, for me, is the bush in LR, too dark.

Hilary Hann
08-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Beautiful mood and feel to this landscape. The strong diagonal lines moving through the image really strengthen the image. Very nice.

Robert Amoruso
08-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Besides the suggested crop from top which has strengthened the image, including more of the rock base itself so the image did not terminate so abruptly at the lower left side would have been a better option.