PDA

View Full Version : RE: AF Fine Tune Adjustment

Paul Lagasi
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi All
After a comment on one of my pictures, I decided to check the focusing. I got a hold of a focus chart and tested it in back yard. It blew me away, Nikon 200-400 Vr on D300 body front focused about 1.5 - 3 inches in front of subject. Then I mounted the 1.4 TC and it was worse.
After reading the manual, the D300 has a AF Fine Tune function. So far a +16 adjustment for lens & TC and a +11 for lens. I am still not done testing, but at least its getting better. I can live with this adjustment until I get back from Florida, Nikon Canada wants my camera and lens for 3 weeks and I am leaving in 2 weeks.
All I can say is thanks Nikon for adding this Fine Tune Feature , the test shot accompanying this thread shows difference.

Thanks all Paul Lagasi

Alfred Forns
04-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Paul now days we take for granted the lens will focus perfectly, most do. It was not the case years ago Does look better but not critically sharp !!!

Paul Lagasi
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Talked to Nikon rep....he wants me to bring in the lens after my trip...they could not promise me I'd get the lens back before I left for trip..so wil continue to play with adjustment, so I get the best possible for now. Too bad I am on way to Florida on 14th of April....but life is like that sometimes...hopefully Nikon can do something, when I get back...thanks Alfred

Alfred Forns
04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
What part of Florida?

Paul Lagasi
04-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I will be in all parts from panhandle, to sanibel, to dry tortugas, then atlantic coast....I will be around for 2 weeks...paul