PDA

View Full Version : Bumblebee says hello

Juan Carlos Mazo
08-24-2011, 08:19 AM
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz339/juanchilas/DSC_0516copia-1.jpg

Steve Maxson
08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi Juan. Please remember to include your shooting specs with your posts. :S3: You have excellent sharpness on the head of your wasp and I like the natural light, the clean background, and the diagonals of both plant and wasp. You might try brightening up the side of the face that is in shadow. I would suggest cropping about 2/3 of the negative space on the left and a little more room at the top would also be nice, if you have it. This has the potential to be a strong image and I think a few tweaks will get you there.:S3: Keep them coming!

Dave Leroy
08-24-2011, 03:03 PM
An interesting pose giving a mountaineering look to the bee. Very sharp on the eye and side of face. I like Steve's idea of a bit more light on the side of face in shadow to show a bit more detail there.
Very nicely done.

Dave

Julie Kenward
08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
I also vote for more light but would also add that a bit more DOF would have been nice here as well. I find the front pieces of the plant so OOF that they border on being a distraction. Having the specs would help us to know how to advise you on this issue!

Love the angle of the face here - nice details and clarity - would be nice to see that same detail level in the back half of the insect as well.

Juan Carlos Mazo
08-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Thank you for your comments, but sometimes do these pictures outdoors is a bit complicated by the great movement of insects and not to have all the lighting conditions and shooting

John Storjohann
08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Juan, Steve makes some excellent suggestions..and I have to agree with him, this has the potential to be a strong image. You've got the essence of a strong composition...good color...as mentioned, a tweak here an a tweak there would take this a long way. I look forward to seeing more of your work!