PDA

View Full Version : Another Classic Moraine Lake View

Rachel Hollander
08-23-2011, 08:52 PM
This is another of those shots that everyone takes when visiting Moraine Lake, the colorful canoes with the mountains as a backdrop. Here's my take on it (I had my friends change the canoe on the end from a white one to one of the more colorful ones :tinysmile_shy_t:).

Canon 7D
16-35 @ 21mm
1/40
f11
ISO 400
Tripod, 2 stop GND and CP filters.
Cropped from horizontal,straightened, levels adjustment, unwanted junk removed from end of box on dock with content aware, sharpened in CS5.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Don Railton
08-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi Rachel

I definitely want to join you for your next holiday...! The images you have been posting are very inspiring. You don't work for the Canadian Tourist board do you?? Anyway, this image is another I like and I think you did well in changing the canoe because if I were to make a suggestion I would want a little more colour in this photo, especially in the foreground. This might happen if the sun light this area in another time of the day also, but you dont always get the chance to wait for the light when you are travelling...

thanks for showing

DON

Rachel Hollander
08-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks Don and no, I don't work for the Canadian Tourist Board :bg3:, just a beautiful area with breathtaking landscapes around every bend.

Rachel

Dave Mills
08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi Rachel, Good lighting and well handled technically. IMO a bit more foreground is needed since it has a clipped look and not adding enough base otherwise nicely done...

Lorant Voros
08-25-2011, 05:49 PM
How beautiful out planet is; full of amazingly beautiful places such as this one. The photo takes me into the wilderness, I can almost feel the place. That means it works for me completely. Thanks for this few minutes of being on holidays. :-)
Lorant

Valerio Tarone
08-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Rachel
an impressive place, an impressive image. As my personal ethic I don't include any human object in the photo.

Rachel Hollander
08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks Dave, Lorant and Valerio for the kind comments.

dankearl
08-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Very nice Rachel, one of your best from this trip.
It looks a bit harsh to me, I would just soften it up a bit, I like the boat colors and the comp is really good.

Rachel Hollander
08-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks Dan