PDA

View Full Version : American Avocet

Joe Ford
03-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Despite the snow we had last night, spring is finally getting here in Utah. First Avocet of the season.

Canon 1DMkiii, Canon 500 f4, Canon 1.4 TC. A little bit of PS to clean background. Added a little contrast, vibrance, and saturation during conversion. I think I caught the beak just a little on this side of plane. Sun came out for a few seconds on an otherwise overcast day so I shot with no compensation.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Got my camera back from sub-mirror fix. It now focuses!!!!

Thanks for comments.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Nice details and well-exposed. It is a bit tight in the frame and it would have been great to have the head turned more toward you. It's a bit tight in the frame for my taste.

Robert Smith
03-31-2008, 05:22 PM
I like it as is. The water droplet on the tip of the bill really helps this image for me. I wish there were more detail in the eye, but I'd take it as is. Wish it were mine!

Joe Ford
03-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I think the eye got lost in my conversion for the web. In the original and print the eye does have subtle shape and detail. Next time, I will try bringing it out more for web publishing. Thanks for the kind comments.

Joe

Maxis Gamez
03-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I have to agree with Axel on this one. I also would like to see a catchlight. The details and exposure looks good!

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Lovely capture of the avocet and I echo Axel's comments !!!

Linda Robbins
03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Well exposed with sharp detail, and the drop of water at the tip of the bill is really cute. The image is just a tad tight in the frame. Wish for a catchlight, and I think some fill flash would have been good here. It would be helpful if you would post ISO, shutter speed, and f-stop details.

Gus Cobos
04-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Very nice image, good details, well exposed, love the colors...:D