PDA

View Full Version : A Golden hour GBH @ Fermilab

Shreeni Rao
08-22-2011, 10:02 PM
A Golden hour GBH @ Fermilab.

7D,400/5.6L,ISO 3200, 1/800, f/5.6

RakeshDhareshwar
08-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Lovely image Shreeni . You have controlled the exposure nicely . If it were mine , I would run NR on the BG , would crop the lower part of the image to avoid the hi key water ( it would cut the reflection , but it would better than having the distracting highlights ) . Also would avoid putting the EXIF on the image as it distracts .

gail bisson
08-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Hi Shreeni,
WOW, you are brave going to an ISO of 3200 with a 7D! I have never gone higher then ISO 1000 due to noise issue. The comp is lovely but the noise in the BG really detracts from this image. I would run NR to the BG in a major way! Agree about EXIF data on the image.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
08-23-2011, 05:12 AM
The high noise visible is the first noticeable distraction here, judging from the exif you had anough shutter speed to cut the ISO by half and still get good sharp images (with good technique if handheld). Were you able to get lower? If so, that would have prevented the dark line from running across the heron's head. I'm OK with the white water below (although it does look a bit magenta). Good alert pose by the heron.