PDA

View Full Version : Candel Flower

Juan Carlos Mazo
08-21-2011, 10:12 PM
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz339/juanchilas/DSC_0402-1.jpg

Brendan Dozier
08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Nice composition, Juan, great lines, and like the vibrant color, off-center framing of subject, and awesome BG to compliment flower.

Juan Carlos Mazo
08-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Nice composition, Juan, great lines, and like the vibrant color, off-center framing of subject, and awesome BG to compliment flower.

Tks for your message

Dave Leroy
08-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Welcome Juan.
Lovely photo. Very nice complimentary bg and I like how you kept the flower in the lighter colours for the full length. Very sharp and I am curious about what gear and settings you were using. Flower has a lot of similarities to a candle!

Dave

Juan Carlos Mazo
08-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks Dave for your message. I work with a camera Nikon D700 and Sigma 150 mm macro lens, is my winning gear. The picture was in ISO 200 and I use ligthroom in the post process. I have no other data of the photo, once you have them tell you. Bye

John Storjohann
08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Juan, I really like this image...simple, graceful composition...a fabulous display of creamy colors in the background...the darkness of the ULC bothers me a bit, I wish it were a little lighter with some shadow detail, but a great capture of an unusual flower!

Steve Maxson
08-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Juan. Welcome to the Macro forum! I love the vibrant colors of your image. The off-center comp works well with the slight leftwards tilt of the flower. Excellent sharpness on the flower and it is set off nicely from the OOF background. There are a couple small lengths of spider web (1 in the UL and 1 in the LR) that you might consider cloning, but overall, this is an excellent first post and I hope we see more of your work.

Julie Kenward
08-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Nicely seen and captured Juan Carlos! The complimentary BG really sets that flower off and the slight angle of the stem and turn of the bloom adds some beautiful lines.