PDA

View Full Version : Swinging Greeny #2

noelle zaleski
08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Don't worry, he eventually gets a fishy :bg3:

Not too much I could do about the slight green hue under his wing because it is a reflection from the water.

Canon MKIII

F5.6
1/1250
ISO 1000
Hand Held from the Yak

Craig Clute
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM
I was amazed by your earlier post, and am amazed again. I have never witnessed this technique before. Love the water drops as it confirms what is below. Great work being in the right place at the right time.

Randy Stout
08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Noelle:

Love the pose on this one too. I don't think it is quite as complete a story as the first one, because of not seeing the water below.

You could get rid of the cast under the wings if you felt it necessary, but even some shadow work to brighten it just a bit would probably reduce the impact of the cast. In fact, I might consider brightening the entire image a bit as a starting point and see how that alters the perception of a cast.

Cheers

Randy

Randy Stout
08-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Noelle:

I had a second. Here is a very quick touch up of the color cast and slight increase in exposure overall. You can do better on the raw file, but I think it might be a viable option for you.

Cheers

Randy

noelle zaleski
08-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks Randy, His under wing looks much better. I played with it in raw and found it was a bit tricky so I let it be.

I also cropped the water out of this one because of his up swing, the water looked a bit far down and I also liked his crazy wing position.

I have a few more of this guy to share with the water included :S3:

Noelle:

I had a second. Here is a very quick touch up of the color cast and slight increase in exposure overall. You can do better on the raw file, but I think it might be a viable option for you.

Cheers

Randy

Sidharth Kodikal
08-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Noelle, I think your greenie was raised by bats!
Great pose and sharpness. Love Randy's repost.

Marina Scarr
08-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Love the way he is swinging in this one. The water drops make this image b/c they tie it to the water that we don't see. I like Randy's work but wish the bird were a tad more saturated...just the bird.

dankearl
08-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Noelle, it seems like every photo you post is better than the last.
Great pose and BG.
I think something between the OP and the repost, would be about right.

Ofer Levy
08-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Do you have the water in this frame? I feel including it would make a stronger image.

Stu Bowie
08-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Noelle, great 3D effect in this, and the greenie pops so well from the BG. I like the leg position, and how he is holding onto the perch. The droplets are a nice touch. Well captured.

jack williamson
08-22-2011, 02:31 PM
These images have been a joy to look at. I think just a nudge in the direction that Randy took would work just fine ( only on the bird and perch, not the BG). I am looking forward to more of this bird.

Jack