PDA

View Full Version : Silverton, Colorado

Jay Sheinfield
08-20-2011, 11:36 AM
One of my favorite grunge towns.

Just a bit of Simplify and Tonal Contrast. Hope you like it........I'm hoping the colors are ok......using my laptop in the field on this.

Kerry Perkins
08-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Jay, I like this a lot! Silverton does have a wealth of subjects for a photographer. The colors look great to me and one thing I love about this (which others may not...) is that there is not a straight line or square corner on this house! The simplify filter is nicely applied as is the tonal contrast. Very nice! I might have framed a bit looser to get the whole window in the frame, but I like it as presented.

John Storjohann
08-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Jay, it's good to see you posting...missed you at the Gardens this morning! I like this image...Kerry's right, not a square corner or a straight line anywhere to be seen!....but wonderfully saturated colors, very nice textures and lines...it could have used a smidgen more area to allow the image to "breathe" but other than that a very nice post! Take care...keep in touch!

denise ippolito
08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Jay, Wonderful colors and comp. This has a nice look with the combined filtering.

Cheryl Slechta
08-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Jay, I love this one! It looks like a neat place to live:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
08-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. Kerry and John, I do have a version of this with more real estate, which I also like. Thanks.

Susan Candelario
08-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Jay,
I love the colors and your filter application!

Arthur Morris
08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Hey Jay, You are really good at this style. Love the image design and the look of the effects. The framing is perfect.

Jay Sheinfield
08-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Susan, thank you.......

Art, I really do enjoy experimenting with these filters, and this type of look.............Thank you.