PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Happy Dance! (last one, I promise ...)

Brian Wong
03-31-2008, 01:17 PM
EOS 40D, 500/4
1/3200, f/10, ISO 800, handheld on boat, manual exposure

Doing the Happy Dance! (last one I promise ...)

Photographed a few weeks ago while on James Shadle's boat, during James' and Jim Neiger's BAA approved "Best of Florida" workshop.

Why I like this image:
It was just a thrill for me just to finally see these beautiful birds!

What I would change:
What do you think?

Many thanks to James Shadle & Jim Neiger, and also Hi! to fellow participants Ned, Rob, & Jack, Fabs and Alfred. I had a BLAST ... it was so much fun!

Thank you for looking, and do appreciate all you tips for improvement & helpful comments.

Jack Faller
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Like the head angle on this one. I have a lot of images of spoons from this same trip, but the head angle police would object to
most of the head angle presentations. The 1/3200 and f/10 seems to have everything in good focus, surprising you had enough light for that setting on a 40D. It seems to me, however that the exposure is a bit thin. Perhaps brightening it up a bit might help.

It was a great trip and Hi to all that were there.

Harold Davis
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
i know why you are doing the happy dance on this one. a big booyah!! love it.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Great details, pose and BG, well done!

Robert Smith
03-31-2008, 05:12 PM
The only suggested change from me would have been to trade places with me - I'd STILL be doing the happy dance - Snoopy wouldn't have nothing on me, my feets would be flapping!!! Congratulations on a beautiful capture.

Maxis Gamez
03-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Love the pose, colors and BG. Excellent work!

Linda Robbins
03-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Lovely image. Great flight pose and flight angle. Sharp details. Beautiful!

Gayle Clement
03-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Beautiful sharp image with a lot of depth.

Brian Wong
04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
I really appreciate all the comments, and thank you all!

I also want to say how thankful I am to James Shadle, who literally pulled, dragged, pushed, and towed the boat while in his waders ... to the best position, the best light, the best distance, and the best locations each day while we were on the boat. It was a real pleasure, and I really recommend it to everyone who has not tried it. Thanks again James!

Blake Shadle
04-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Do the happy dance all you want, Brian! As long as you're making images like this ;) Very nice work! I might like a larger aperture so the water would seem a bit more smooth. Ya, Dad's pretty crazy with all that boat pullin' :) When I head out on the boat I get to join him.