PDA

View Full Version : Pelican squad.

Tom Rambaut
08-20-2011, 03:01 AM
7d, 500mm HH, 1/2500 @ 4, 400iso, + 1/3 ev.

I have not tried much mutiple bird stuff so would be interested to know if this works. It was an overcast day. This is full frame with a couple of wing tips and bills that just made it into frame cloned out.

Thanks, Tom

Stu Bowie
08-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Tom, its always great to capture more than one subject in the frame. Through no fault of yours, its good to have separation from all them too. Having said that, cool capture, all with different wing positions, and Im fine with the overcast sky.

Randy Stout
08-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Tom:

I agree with Stuart about the sky, I think it works well here. Its the linear cloud banks that give a sense of flow or direction that I like. Moderate sized groups are always a challenge re:merges and overlaps. This is pretty good in that respect. I find I take a lot of frames of groups, and often discard most if not all of them because of merges. However, if you do get one clean, they often show well.

Nice angle of the birds in the frame. Perhaps just a sliver more room on the right.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
08-20-2011, 08:49 AM
You almost got clear separation among all the birds - tough to do. I wish the one with his bill covered by another bird weren't there, but otherwise a very nice group flight shot. I like the overcast sky, good HA/flight angles among the birds, and good detail. Agree with a bit more room in front.

Humberto Ramos
08-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Agree with comments above, I would give a bit more sharp in every bird...

Shreeni Rao
08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
A very nice flock Tom.

Bob Pelkey
08-20-2011, 12:46 PM
The overcast conditions were likely beneficial to keep the undersides of the pelicans brighter than they'd be otherwise. The overlapping birds are not critical to me as these huge birds (AWPE in my case) have been observed to fly in very close proximity to each other in large numbers. All the birds in sharp focus is a bonus.