PDA

View Full Version : A Second Look

John Storjohann
08-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry..forgot to post the image..and can't figure out how to delete!

John Storjohann
08-19-2011, 07:35 PM
This is the same flower as previously posted, just a different take on it. 180mm w/1.4x TC...f/22@1/125. RAW image processed in LR; brought into PS, regionally tweaked with the Viveza plug-in, and then a bit of burning done at the corners to draw the eye more readily to the center. I think this one is a little closer to the direction I want to head...still working on it! Comments/suggestions welcome.

Dave Leroy
08-21-2011, 09:03 AM
It is such a pretty flower and again the dof is handled very well. It could be Jules working on me, but I would like to see the centre of the flower a bit further to the right so closer to rule of third.

Flower may also look very nice in profile. Lots of choices with such a pretty subject.

Dave

Steve Maxson
08-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi John. It's still a beautiful flower and there are many ways to photograph it - as you are showing us. :S3: This version is a little brighter than the first two and, IMO, a little less dramatic. For my tastes, I think I would crop from the bottom to remove the black in the middle of the frame edge. Of the 3 versions of this flower, my favorite is the repost of your previous post. My comments are all pretty subjective and other folks will likely have different views. All three versions are very nicely done!

John Storjohann
08-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Dave and Steve, thank you for your comments and suggestions - I hope I'm not burning folks out with the water lilies! Steve, I cropped the image and darkened it a s smidge per your comments...I appreciate the time and thoughtfulness of both of you. :S3:

Steve Maxson
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
For my tastes, I think the repost is a nice improvement. :S3:

John Storjohann
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks, Steve!