PDA

View Full Version : Up Close and Personal

John Storjohann
08-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm looking to take a fresher approach to the water lilies...I know this one isn't quite there yet, but I'm hoping that it will start me down the right path to what I'm envisioning. Taken with the 180mm with 1.4X TC attached...f/32@1/200. Processed the RAW image in LR...brought the image into PS and tweaked tone and color...touched up a few tiny blemishes on the petals...and darkened the 4 corners a bit. Comments and suggestions more than welcome!

bhavya joshi
08-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi.. John nice colorful flower... Like the details and well compose.. The middle yellow petals is little off center,.. From Me I suggested you that, keep in center so that all violent petal around, are come in balance..and look better.:S3:

John Storjohann
08-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi Bhavya;

You may be right...the OP was uncropped...but I have several images along the compositional lines you've suggested, and I'm trying to step out of that box a bit. I tried a tighter crop...we'll see what other feedback comes. Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

Steve Maxson
08-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi John. I was going to say that I liked the slightly off-center comp of the OP, but I find myself liking the repost even more. The repost really narrows our focus to the very cool center of the flower. Great colors, sharpness, and DOF. Very well done!

John Storjohann
08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Steve. Thank you for your comments...somehow, I'm still not sold on the image myself. It has some good elements - the color the basic compositional elements..but there's something missing...that "pop" that would complete it. I think I'm just in a bit of as slump..we all have them!...and need to shoot my way out of it. I went on a shoot this morning that I feel good about...we'll see where it takes me as I begin to process the images. Thanks again!

Dave Leroy
08-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Lovely colours and a ton of detail. Of the two I think I prefer the second more centred look. Probably not possible but I have a feeling I want to be centred vertically also. Excellent dof.

Dave

John Storjohann
08-23-2011, 07:25 PM
One more take on this one...following Artie's comments on the "Fractaliuzed" version...hate to give up on an image!