PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Cub Stroll

Morkel Erasmus
08-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I am off tomorrow to the Kruger National Park (northern region) for some R&R with my lovely wife and baby daughter...and hopefully some photography :bg3:.
Please behave :w3 and keep posting awesome shots to this forum for me to peruse upon my return :Whoa!:.

This leopard cub was photographed last year on a short trip to the Sabi-Sands Game Reserve.
We were following her and her mom on an overcast morning as they strolled down a riverbed.

Techs:
Nikon D300s with Nikkor 200-400mm f4 VR @ 240mm
f4.0 @ 1/500 SS @ ISO-400

John Blumenkamp
08-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Very nice image Morkel... love the raised paw in mid-stride, and I like your comp here with the water and tall grasses showing the setting nicely.

Rudi van den Heever
08-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Lovely detail Morkel! Like the green surroundings!:S3:

Sabyasachi Patra
08-19-2011, 02:18 AM
Cute. Great to see a cub. I like the raised paw. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel Hollander
08-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Morkel - like the wet look and raised paw. Nice comp, color and detail. Have a great trip to KNP. Looking forward to seeing shots from your trip.

TFS,
Rachel

gail bisson
08-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Morkel,
Have a safe trip! Have you bought Aimee her first camera yet?Fischer-Price makes a good one but no manual function!
I really like this image. My favorite part are the paw prints in the sand. I also like the wet look and the raised paw. If this was mine I would clone out the piece of wood between the hind legs. At first glance I thought is was scat!
gail

Stan Cunningham
08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
One of my favorites I've seen on this site. Not only for the above but the detail in the tracks behind it, the reflection and clarity of the water, and the sharpness of her coat, although wet. I agree with Gail on the piece of wood.
Also Morkel, did you get me email?
TFS
Stan

Robert Amoruso
08-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Have a good trip Morkel.

I like the diagonal the river bank forms in the image.

Steve Canuel
08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Nice to see one in some different surroundings. I like the diagonal of the shoreline, the separation of the legs (and raised paw), and the grassy backdrop.

Morkel Erasmus
08-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind comments folks...just returned and I have quite a few images to share so will get cracking!! :bg3:

I don't particularly like cloning parts of images out unless I prepare a "fine art" kind of image (monochrome etc), so will leave the "scat-wood" for now :w3...but thanks for pointing it out Gail...
(I'll need to have a look at those Fischer-Price cameras!!)

Stan - I got your mail but am way behind on that kind of admin...will respond in the week! :t3