PDA

View Full Version : Fishing coastal brown bear zoom blur

Clemens Vanderwerf
08-16-2011, 10:14 PM
This image was created in the evening with overcast skies at Kukak Bay in Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska. This coastal brown bear was the only bear looking for fish in the river. He scouted the river patiently while sitting on the river bank.

This image was created with the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens and Canon 1.4x TC II at 250mm, and the EOS-1DMIV. ISO 200. Evaluative metering: 1/13 sec. at f/8.0 set manually.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

denise ippolito
08-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Clemens, I think you are hanging out with Artie too much:t3. This is a really nice zoom blur. I like the positioning of the bear and the details in the face. I might try to soften or blend(just a hair) some (not all) of the lines around the head that have a slightly grainy look to them. Nice inclusion of the layers in the BG. Nice work!!

Susan Candelario
08-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Clemens,
Perfect zoom blur IMHO! if anything I might just crop a little bit from the left & top just to offset the bear a bit more and place him more in a 2 of the power points. Really like the fact that my eye sees where the zoom is emanating from. Strong, sweet image you made.

Arthur Morris
08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Man oh man. When I saw this in your bear portfolio I thought is was the very best bear zoom blur ever and I still do. You must have zoomed pretty quickly at 1/13 sec. Love the strips of color at the top.