PDA

View Full Version : Seed

Dave Leroy
08-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Blowing in the wind and hanging by a strand. 7D, 100mm f/2.8 macro and 20mm ET. 1/800, f/8, Av, ISO640. FF.

Dave

Bob Miller
08-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Dave...nice simple image with good focus....i wish the bg was all one tone but as is still very nice!

Steve Maxson
08-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi Dave. The light is nicely handled and you have good sharpness where it matters most. The seed also stands out well from the background. For me, the seed loses some of that blowing in the wind feel because it is touching 3 sides of the frame. Maybe backing off a little so that we could see that the seed was just hanging by a strand would better convey the feeling you were going for (of course, the seed might be pretty small in the frame in that case). :S3: It will be interesting to see what others chime in.

Dave Leroy
08-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks Guys.

Good point Steve about blowing in the wind. I suppose I may have shortened a few strands to complete the picture.

Dave

Ken Childs
08-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi Dave, I really like this concept but I agree with the others that it would be stronger without the strands touching the frame and with a cleaner BG. There isn't much that can be done about the BG but I think it would be easy to edit the ends of those strands so it looks like they end before they reach the frame. I might also like a little more room on the right.