PDA

View Full Version : Clover Blossom

Mike Milicia
01-04-2008, 03:38 PM
EOS-1D Mk II, 300mm f/4L + 500D, 1/125, f/10, ISO 500
About 90% of Full Frame

I've been reprocessing some older images with CS3 and I'm really liking the new Raw Converter.
This image is from June '05 and was captured at Great Meadows NWR in Concord, MA.

Looking forward to your comments and critiques !

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi Mike !!!! I like this a lot The pink and white shows so well with the green bg I find difficult cropping this type flowers and this appeals to me !!!

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Another cool image Mike. I might like to see a bit more of the bottom of the flower, but it works well just as it is.

Ed Cordes
01-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I like the colors and the centered comp. I do wish for a bit more DOF. The petals that are OOF on the left and righta are more of a distraction not being sharp.

Chris Starbuck
01-06-2008, 06:33 PM
The colors, especially with the complementary background, are wonderful. I like the right-left centered placement with such a symmetrical subject -- it makes a very peaceful and balanced image. I like a limited DOF as well, since it concentrates my attention on the details in one area of the bloom, which otherwise can get lost in the complexity of the whole. The one thing that distracts me a little is that parts of the front row of florets, near center, look a little soft, like they're just barely outside of the DOF.