PDA

View Full Version : natures' Galaxy

christopher galeski
08-16-2011, 03:50 AM
tookthis the other week,had my water drops head on,lke spiders webs with dew on them,the BG is green leaves and red berries,could not find a web with clear dark BG,but I like the bit of color in this image,comments good or bad thanks,cannon 7D,cannon 100mm f/2.8,IS,L,USM.tripod,small crop,some sharpening,and toned down the waterdrops a little.f/11,iso100,1.30s.

Dave Leroy
08-16-2011, 05:31 PM
A really good looking photo. BG colours don't bother me and I like them. They all seem pretty dark anyway and add a nice contrast to beads of water. Nice to see such a flat plane on the beads and all in focus. Interesting setting at ISO100.
Only small suggestion would have been a slightly different angle if possible to check big drop away from vertical centre.
Lovely looking web and very apt title for photo.

Dave

Bob Miller
08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Chris....I like this photo as is but wonder if toning down the bg colors would be worthwhile so all the attention goes to the web...Nice work!

Steve Maxson
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi Christopher. A beautiful bejeweled web and great job getting it all in the plane of focus! The one large drop makes a nice focal point for my eye to keep coming back to. I'm of two minds about the bright background colors - they certainly add punch to the image, but they also distract from the very cool web. This is very well done!

christopher galeski
08-18-2011, 07:42 AM
thankyou everybody for your comments.appreciated.

christopher galeski
08-18-2011, 07:44 AM
:cheers:thankyou everybody for your comments.appreciated.

Ken Childs
08-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi Chris, you did a great job of getting the entire web in focus....I know from experience that this is not that easy to do! I like the BG colors, especially the red....they add some depth to this image. It would have been nice if the big drop wasn't so centered but I can't imagine a different angle or crop on this web so I think you did great overall. Well done! :S3: