PDA

View Full Version : Veendam in Bermuda

Michael Lotito
08-15-2011, 07:15 PM
This is a five exposure HDR I took of the Veendam in Bermuda.

Dave Mills
08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi Michael, Your HDR work is very well handled. What I like most about the image is it's mild graphic quality during the period of dusk when the light is transitioning. The lights on the ship and surroundings add to the interest including a darkening sky. This type of image with so much going on around it is not easy to pull off well and I feel you did good job!....

Robert Amoruso
08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Michael,

Though you captured a lot of detail, I find the image too dark and flat. I suggest opening up the highlights with a levels correction letting points of light (street lights, windows on the ship, etc.) clip. Then increase contrast using a curves correction. With the curves correction, grab the upper right of the graph and pull left to open up the highlights.

I gave it a try and liked the results. Of course it does change the mode of the image. In the end, you call. Thanks for posting.

Rachel Hollander
08-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I also feel it's a little dark. I like the inclusion of the coral and blue buildings next to the dock and the street lights have a nice star effect.

TFS,
Rachel

Nick Palmieri
08-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Very nice image. Agree with Roberts tweaks. TFS

jack williamson
08-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Michael I like this very much. The colors pop just right for me and there is great detail in the water. Although I like this just as it is I would'nt mind seeing Roberts' adjustments.

Jack

Michael Lotito
08-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Using Roberts direction I made some adjustments and love the results. Just hope I didn't over do it. Thanks for everyones great suggestions.

Mike

Robert Amoruso
08-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Michael,

I like it too. In the version I created I was a bit less aggressive in brightening up the whites. But overall I like how this looks.