PDA

View Full Version : Egret following the lines

Duane Noblick
08-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Canon 7D, Canon 500mm f/4L, 1/500" @ f/7.1, ISO 100

Ron Sprunger
08-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Nice pose, good exposure and focus sharp. I like the comp and the in-focus foreground bush. You might want to lose the two twigs behind, and the little tangle under his chest. Can't do much about the light-colored BG stripe right through his head, but it's a nice clean image.

Luis Villablanca
08-14-2011, 08:17 PM
I like the composition and the exposure of the whites. Too bad those light-colored stripes could not be avoided.
I agree with Ron about removing those twigs, but I think it shouldn't be too hard removing the light stripes on the background (using masks, clone stamp, etc).

Jonathan Ashton
08-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Beautiful image, the stripes in the background don't bother me too much - but I agree with the suggestion you clone the twigs by the tail and thigh.

arash_hazeghi
08-15-2011, 02:55 AM
nice light pose and details, I'd remove the white vertical stripes in the BG

Duane Noblick
08-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Thank you all for the critique. My main focus with this image was the exposure on the whites in the harsh light I had to deal with. It seems the changes in my workflow accomplished that...at least I hope so. The other elements will be dealt with later on once I get comfortable editing images like this. I don't buy stuff to teach me how to edit images...it's mainly by reading and trial and error on what works for me. (I'm stubborn, not cheap...lol) Thankfully I have cooperative subjects at the place I frequent so there's no doubt I can adjust to remove the distrations without resorting to altering the image in Photoshop.