PDA

View Full Version : The Flood continues

Mitch Carucci
08-14-2011, 04:08 PM
"Flood" plugin

John Storjohann
08-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Mitch, I'm enjoying your images using the flood filter, and egrets are one of my favorite birds. I like this image a lot...the only thing that distracts me is the "blur line" in the foreground of the non-reflective area, just above the water line. Is that from the filter? If it is...I wonder if you could paint back in some of the detail from the original layer...but let's hear from everyone else as well...I may be the voice in the wilderness! I'd be very tempted to evict the large leaf in the ULC. Wonderful job handling the whites on the egret, maintaining feather detail..nice light in the eye as well. Nicely done!

Susan Candelario
08-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Mitch, I like your application of the filter with the Egret image. I don't know what the original image looked like, but I am wondering how it would look if you applied the effect slightly lower in order to give more room under the feet. Also I have not used this filter in years, but I believe the offset slider allows for a smoother looking transition. If not a mask or just blurring the edge will soften the transition. Just some options to consider. Overall I think the image works well.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Indranil Sircar
08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Excellent use of the filter, Mitch. I like it a lot! Good pose and light. The reflection in realistic. Agree with the above on the flood line... playing around with mask or cloning some grass may make it stronger.

denise ippolito
08-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Mitch, I think the flood line looks soft enough from here. Nice job with the use of the filter. I do wish for more room for the virtual feet and a bit more room on top but you did a really nice job with this one!:S3: