PDA

View Full Version : Paws for thought

Steve Kaluski
08-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Not too sure where Harshad is lurking, but as the consensus is that we haven't had many orange stripped animals recently, I thought I might post one in his absence. :bg3:

Taken late afternoon this guy was hot & thirsty and appeared from nowhere from out of the dense bush. He stopped in his tracks as we quickly reverse, giving him room, plus we knew where he was heading and wanted to be there before he, and hundreds of other vehicles arrived. The soft sandy track provided comfort and relief to those enormous paws.

Steve
Subject: Tiger on sandy track (Panthera tigris tigris)
Camera: Canon MKIII
Lens: 500f/4 - handheld
Exposure: 1/200s at f/6.3 ISO400 0 stop compensation
Crop: Slight crop for presentation (original capture vertical)

Arthur Morris
08-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Lovely gaze and tongue. And animal. Please explain the "orange strips" comment :) The image looks as if it might need a small CCW rotation. (I see that the tiger is on a sloped part of the road, but.... )

Vivaldo Damilano
08-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Excellent Steve, good to see the black stripped animal posted here again.:w3 I like the low angle on this one and like the eye contact. Open mouth adds Bravo:cheers:

Steve Kaluski
08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Please explain the "orange strips" comment :)

Hi Artie, fingers were engaged before brain, meant to read black & orange stripped. :bg3:

You are correct, he was on a slight slope, towards the top part of the sand pushed up by the jeeps tracks. If I rotate the image I might/will need to use the Content aware tool, as I have no more image to the RHS sadly, but will see.

I might repost the image that followed :eek3: once I have reworked it, as I would be keen to get your take on it and perhaps was one of the first images posted here.

cheers
Steve

Steve Canuel
08-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Nice complimentary BG for this one Steve. I like the branches from the bush and how the road weaves around and behind the bit of ground it's on.

Arthur Morris
08-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Artie, fingers were engaged before brain, meant to read black & orange stripped. :bg3:

You are correct, he was on a slight slope, towards the top part of the sand pushed up by the jeeps tracks. If I rotate the image I might/will need to use the Content aware tool, as I have no more image to the RHS sadly, but will see.

I might repost the image that followed :eek3: once I have reworked it, as I would be keen to get your take on it and perhaps was one of the first images posted here.

cheers
Steve

I am really up on Tigers; I thought that they all looked like the one here.....

Adding a bit to the right should be relatively easy....

Please send me links via e-mail :)

Rachel Hollander
08-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi Steve - great eye contact and open mouth. I like the pov and slanted body so that you see the whole thing. Guys, they're striped not "stripped." That's a whole different kind of forum.:Whoa!:

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
08-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Artie, can you PM me, just need to get the right address, if that is OK with you.

Thanks.

Hilary Hann
08-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Rachel, glad you fixed that slight spelling aberration (not sure what the boys were thinking of :2eyes2:)

Steve, lovely to see another tiger. Love the head on stare and IQ is, of course, excellent.

Steve Kaluski
08-15-2011, 01:31 AM
It's age with me Hilary, thanks Rachel. :bg3:

Morkel Erasmus
08-15-2011, 03:55 AM
It's age with me Hilary, thanks Rachel. :bg3:

...or senility?? :w3:bg3:
just joking!

Lovely image Steve, great cat in great light and good to see in the open...wrt the rotation it could go either way? Looks fine as is but might look even better with Artie's suggestion? Only way is to try and see :c3:

Grant Atkinson
08-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Love this one Steve, the eye contact, the ear position, and angle and the bg, top shot. My favourite tiger shot of yours by far..well done..