PDA

View Full Version : After Midnight

kostas nianiopoulos
08-14-2011, 03:41 AM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2105/aftermidnight.jpg

That made 4 in the morning on my balcony as i had no sleep , i was looking for something to do .
It is my cactus plant and the orange light u see , come from the road , the public lights where comes out of the focus . 7-8 months ago i made something like this again but in my opinion it wasnt so good , as my old tripod
was not so steady like this i use to day a manfrotto xprob 055 with a ballhead .

canon 50d
f2,8
1/100
iso 100
natural night light
on tripod

Thanks for watching .

<dl class="postprofile" id="profile1983430" style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; min-height: 80px; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); width: 166px; float: right; display: inline; "><dt style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; ">http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/download/file.php?avatar=45451_1282650762.jpg (http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45451)
kostas nianiopoulos (http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45451)</dt><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; ">Forum Contributor</dd><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; "> </dd><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; ">Posts: 623</dd><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; ">Joined: 24 Aug 2010</dd><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; ">

</dd></dl>

Dave Leroy
08-14-2011, 08:57 PM
A great idea, especially at 4 o'clock in the morning. Excellent silhouette and great bg colour. Perhaps a bit more dof for a bit tighter/sharper??

I think I might have a look at a more vertical crop which may end up square but lose a lot of the blacks from the side.

Dave

Steve Maxson
08-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi Kostas. Very creative for 04:00!! The orange light is beautiful and I like the slight diagonal tilt of your cactus. I think this would also look great as a square crop - as suggested by Dave. Very well done!

Julie Kenward
08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
I'd also like to see this as a square crop, Kostas. I think a bit more sharpening on the lower parts of the silhouette so they crisp up as nicely as the top half would make this an even stronger image.

Daniel Cadieux
08-16-2011, 08:58 PM
I kinda like the comp as is, love the black/orange colour motif. I do wish the bottom part of the cactus was as sharp as the top part...perhaps going for more DOF if that didn't affect the street light's appearance too much (looks like the sun!!) would have been an option to explore. Well thought out image...

kostas nianiopoulos
08-17-2011, 12:38 AM
I kinda like the comp as is, love the black/orange colour motif. I do wish the bottom part of the cactus was as sharp as the top part...perhaps going for more DOF if that didn't affect the street light's appearance too much (looks like the sun!!) would have been an option to explore. Well thought out image...

Very good eyes Daniel well done !!! , i try several apertures to get all the cactus sharp , but i didnt like it at all .