PDA

View Full Version : Walk into the Surreal

Michael Pancier
03-31-2008, 05:56 AM
Infrared shot of the trail at Okeeheelee Nature Center in WPB (West Palm Beach, Florida)

Converted 20d w/17-85 EFS USM IS + polarizer
f/8
1/40
ISO 400
Manual Mode
ff

processed in LR and PS CS 3

with the deep ir conversion, you pretty much get your finished image out of the camera. You only need to adjust contrast and levels.

And as I've discovered, normal metering is non existent. You play around with the image in manual mode and go by the histogram.

Roman Kurywczak
03-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi Michael,
This is probably my favorite of the IR's. Great lines and look,
Roman

Bob Ettinger
03-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Very cool image, nice job

Robert Amoruso
03-31-2008, 08:31 AM
This one works exceptionally well. I love it.

David Kennedy
03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Infrared shot of the trail at Okeeheelee Nature Center in WPB.

Michael,
It just occurred to me that not everyone on BPN would realize that WPB = West Palm Beach, Florida. I know we've got a lot of Floridians on the site, but the international contingent is pretty strong. Even this Midwesterner who has been to Florida many times had to think for a minute before realizing what that acronym meant :)

Just a thought!
David

Michael Pancier
03-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Michael,
It just occurred to me that not everyone on BPN would realize that WPB = West Palm Beach, Florida. I know we've got a lot of Floridians on the site, but the international contingent is pretty strong. Even this Midwesterner who has been to Florida many times had to think for a minute before realizing what that acronym meant :)

Just a thought!
David

You're right. I guess I take it for granted that everyone's been here ....:D

Van Hilliard
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
A beautiful shot. The compositional lines are outstanding and the sky is spectacular beyond words.

The photo doesn't warrant any criticism but if I were forced to criticize, I would tone down that small bare branch that hangs down into the light spot in the upper left corner. I only mention it because it drew my attention away from the more important parts of your photo. I suspect though that it would not be a problem in a print of this gorgeous work.

You are doing beautiful work with that converted 20D.