PDA

View Full Version : Lake Wilkie, SI, NZ

Jay Gould
08-13-2011, 05:19 AM
We stopped to shoot reflections; WOW! There was not a whisper in the air; the lake was a mirror.

This is a two image HDR; I have done very little processing: some crop and curves and a bit of pop.

What would you do?

Camera: 5D2
Capture date/time: 1 May 11; 9: 5 5AM
Light condition: not much sun
Lens: 16-35 f/2.8
Focal length:35mm
Distance:
Extender: none
Tube: none
Flash/Comp:
ISO: 100
Exp Prog: Av
Speed: 1 sec
Aperture: f/20
Exp Comp: none
Metering: Evaluative
WB: Auto
AF Drive: One-shot AF
Tripod: yes
Filter: PL
Crop: some
Images Changes: stuff I didn't like removed!

Processed in LR3 and CS5, Nik Software, TK Actions

All C&Cs gratefully appreciated!

Rachel Hollander
08-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Jay - certainly mirror like but it doesn't have that wow factor of your recent posts. Perhaps it's the muted colors and even lighting but nothing grabs my attention or holds it. It may just come down to subject matter for me.

TFS,
Rachel

Dave Mills
08-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Jay, well handled technically but the image seems to lack a center of interest which pulls the eye towards it. The reflection has a tendency to make the image busier than it already is. I like the framing on the bottom but I might clone out or crop the bright area in the water on the left....

Jay Gould
08-13-2011, 04:37 PM
I am working on several different versions - might turn out to be OOTB type image before I am finished. I am going to listen to all the suggestions before doing an RP.

Jay Gould
08-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi, the RP is at Quality 20; the uncompressed image Rocks!

Dave Mills
08-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi Jay, The image seems to have a magenta cast(not sure if thats the effect you wanted) I took it into PS and with selective color and I took out most of the cast then burned in some areas to add more contrast

Jay Gould
08-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks Dave, good show! This is a tough image to display at Quality 20. It displays a bit better on NatureScapes; 250kb = Quality 50.

Robert Amoruso
08-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Though all the sharp detail hurts the eyes :Whoa!: I like it Jay.

Jay Gould
08-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Though all the sharp detail hurts the eyes :Whoa!: I like it Jay.

Thanks Robert! I am looking forward to creating my own website so members can see the High Res version. It really rocks.