PDA

View Full Version : The predator became prey!

Jonathan Michael Ashton
03-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Whilst I got the other shot of the banded demoiselle I saw this tussle for life going on. Needless to say the damoiselle became lunch, but it did put up a brave fight. All comments are most welcome, thank you.
Jon

John Cooper
03-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Very dramatic Jon - must be a fairly strong web to snare such a large insect. Great detail in both subjects and good diagonal composition. Toning down the bright leaf behind the Damsel's wing would enhance the image further. Well done!!

Robert O'Toole
03-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Excellent. Super job of keeping all the important parts in the frame and making the situation look good. Excellent focus placement.

Robert

Jonathan Michael Ashton
03-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Very dramatic Jon - must be a fairly strong web to snare such a large insect. Great detail in both subjects and good diagonal composition. Toning down the bright leaf behind the Damsel's wing would enhance the image further. Well done!!

You are absolutely right John, I have just selected and feathered the area and reduced the brightness a little and it looks a lot better - thanks very much
Jon

Robert Amoruso
03-31-2008, 10:05 AM
I agree with Robert, very well done.

Roman Kurywczak
03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Killer Image!
Couldn't resist the pun!!!
Roman

Ed Cordes
03-31-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree you did a great job in getting all the important parts in focus. The light leaf in the BG could be toned down, but still a great image as is.

Mike Moats
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Jon, very good image of the reality in nature. Well done.