PDA

View Full Version : Castle View

Dave Mills
08-12-2011, 09:32 AM
After my tour of the castle I was waiting for my wife to finish so I started walking around the base of the castle. I then saw the interesting house and thought it worked with the castle however I'm not 100% sure of the comp. Would like opinions...
Nikon D300,17-85mm,F22,1/25,polarizer, ISO 400,tripod mtd

Rachel Hollander
08-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Dave - I know lots of people aren't fans of square crops but here's my take on an alternate crop. I'm not a fan of the lowest wall so I cropped that out and then took some off the lhs. I thought this placed more emphasis on the house.

Rachel

Dave Mills
08-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi Rachel, I like what you did and I think it was the wall that was bothering me. I went a bit further with your idea and added more of a grass base to the image with a small amount more on the left.
I also reduced the rt a small amount. Let me know what you think and thanks for the input. I did it quickly so forgive any errors..

Rachel Hollander
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Dave -I like what you did and it dealt with my hesitation of the bottom edge being too close to the flowers. Looks good.

Rachel

Charles Glatzer
08-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Dave,

Comp does not work for me, the side view of the building and bush placement throw off the overall balance.
I do like the inclusion of the bottom wall as it adds depth perception.

Warm Regards,

Chas

Judy Howle
08-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I like your repost best Dave. I thought the wall detracted from the house and castle - too much stone work!

dankearl
08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
I like the repost, Dave, good suggestion by Rachel.
I actually think a crop right below the house and more sky above the castle would work well,
but probably not enough photo to do that.

Jay Gould
08-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Dave, your RP following Rachael's suggestions works best. There are so many lines to choose from; nothing is straight. :e3

Which line did you use?

Dave Mills
08-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks for all the comments folks. This image had qualities I liked and yet there were aspects to it that bothered my eye. As happens to all of us we can get involved in working an image and sometimes miss the bigger view...