PDA

View Full Version : DROP OF LIFE

christopher galeski
08-12-2011, 05:32 AM
something different for me,ie no insects,comments good or bad,cannon 7D,100mm macro f/2.8 IS,L,USM,TRIPOD,f/11,4s,iso100,crop some sharpening,darkened BG.thanks.

John Storjohann
08-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi Chris;

I find myself wanting a tighter composition with this one...taking maybe a 1/3 off of the right edge (evicting all most all of the leaf in the URC and cloning out the rest) and maybe a little more than that from the bottom (from just above the bottom BG leaf)...then again, I tend to like tight compositions, so let's hear what everyone else has to say. The BG, for me, is too much of a distraction...I'd evict or substantially darken the leaf directly behind the drop of water...and I'd even out the tone a bit on the leaf that holds the drop of water. You have wonderful sharpness in the water drop, with a great reflection captured..water drops always amaze me.

Norm Dulak
08-12-2011, 04:14 PM
This is very interesting Chris, and I don't think I'd change a thing.

I find the alternating green and dark elements fascinating, and the centered, sharp drop contains a marvelous little world. And if that weren't enough, you have a diagonal element holding that little world.

Very nice!

Steve Maxson
08-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Christopher. This is a very cool image. My eye goes right to the water droplet - to discover the amazing reflection within. Cropping is subjective - I like the image, as presented, but John's ideas would make an interesting alternate comp. The greens (except near the tip of the leaf with the drop) have a lot of blue in them - which is fine if you like it that way. You might experiment by adding some yellow to the color balance to see if you like that any better. :S3: Well done.

Daniel Cadieux
08-13-2011, 06:34 PM
I like the overall concept here, but like John I'm wishing for a tighter composition. I'd also slightly burn the top part of the leaf to avoid the brights caused by the wetness. Good to try things...well thought out...

christopher galeski
08-14-2011, 03:19 AM
thanks everybody for comments.