PDA

View Full Version : Sunlit Doe

Steve Canuel
08-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Taken during a mid-December late afternoon, this doe seemed to enjoy grazing in the last beams of sunlight as she slowly worked her way towards the shadowed ravine behind her. 20D, 1-400L, f6.3, 1/250s, ISO 200, HH, small crop from the top.

Rachel Hollander
08-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Steve - nice light, pose and comp. Especially like the ear position. I am wondering if you did any s/h or other processing as parts of it look a little posterized (hope that's the right word).

TFS,
Rachel

Stan Cunningham
08-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Don't change a thing in my opinion. The light makes it a great scene and it's very sharp for a hh 1-400L and 1/250. Good job.

Steve Canuel
08-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the comments you two.

Rachel,
I know what you're referring to but don't see it in this one. My understanding of posterization is that it's more visible in clean BGs where a blocky look appears between subtle color changes. This one may be noise exaggerated by all the slightly lighter twigs. Your comment made me take a closer look and I think I forgot to run some NR on the BG. The BG is slightly darker on the posted version than the RAW conversion so I may have darkened it a touch as well. Be interesting to hear what others are seeing.

Grant Atkinson
08-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Very nice use of the light here, and the shadowy background adds mood to the image for me. I would be tempted to crop a bit from the lhs of the frame.
Nice work Steve