PDA

View Full Version : Nuthatch

Rosl Roessner
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Hello to everybody,
wow, I love this new forum "Eager to learn". Here I can show my pictures and receive help and advices to become a betterphotographer! Thank you guys very much!

I hope, I am right, that it is allowed to make a second post within 24 hrs in a different forum than the first post?
Ok, here is my european nuthatch, I like the diagonal line and I wonder, if there is enough room at the bottom left side. I have there some room, but then there is the dark area at the bottom right side that becomes larger, when I make the crop not so tight.
What do you mean and where are possibilities to improve the image?
Canon Mk III Canon 100 - 400mm
f 6.3 / 1/160 sec. / ISO 1250

Emil Martinec
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I would choose the crop to have proper framing, and then deal with any problem areas, rather than have an unbalanced image. I do find the bird a bit too far into the LL corner. I would add back the canvas, then use the clone stamp tool to mitigate the dark spots. I think the image could also use a bit more saturation and some curves work to bring up the contrast -- to make it "pop" a bit more.

Nice feather details and pose; the BG and perch are also quite pleasing.

George DeCamp
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi Rosl!

You can post in the same forum in24hrs, you can post a different image in another forum the same day. Just one post per forum per 24hrs....does that make sense?

Glad you like it here, we are leaning right along with you Rosl, at least I am. That is to say the more we do this the better teachers we become and I need all the help I can get!

Emil gave you some very good advise you need more room on the left. I think a little more room on top would be worth looking at also. The out of focus vegetation on the right is a little problem but not 100% sure what you can do with that. Perhaps if Artie sees this he will have an idea for that!

That is a really pretty bird, love the colors and nice and sharp! Keep them coming!!

Judd Patterson
01-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi there Rosl! It sounds like great advice has already been given to you! I think the contrast could certainly be upped to create a more vibrant image...and the composition does seem cramped as it has been cropped. A fine looking bird!

Rosl Roessner
01-05-2008, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the good advice. I'll post the picture again, with more room for the bird. After 24 hrs?
Best regards,
Rose