PDA

View Full Version : White Waterlily

Dave Mills
08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Shot this at Longwood Gardens last year. Once the light gets too bright I found it very difficult to get the detail even using various exposure techniques. The water in the ponds are black.......Topaz Detail

Bob Miller
08-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Dave...This all seems to work together very well for me! Topaz really brought out the details nicely. nice work!

Indranil Sircar
08-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Dave, I like this light and the effect on the petals. It comes out well with the dark bg. The leaf adds to the depth... nicely done.

Jay Sheinfield
08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Dave, Great job controlling the bright light on the whites. Super detail. Nicely framed, with the pad and flower on a slight diagonal. Love the blue, cream and green colors. Nicely done!

Susan Candelario
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Dave,
I echo the comments above. Very nice details, colors and comp. Nice work with the Topaz filter as well.

Hilary Hann
08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm really enjoying all the lilies, lily pads and associated water plants. They make the most beautiful art images. This is very attractive and I think the topaz has made the flower have a wonderfully rich colour and texture. This would work with or without the green lily pad imo, very lovely.

John Storjohann
08-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi Dave;

Nice captured, particularly given the harsh light. The textures in the flower and pad make the image for me...I'd be tempted to darken the bright part of the stem at the bottom to bring it more in line with the rest of the stem...and I would probably add a bit of canvas to the left side...but that's a matter of personal taste. You handled the whites really well, and without losing the detail in the pad....nicely done!

Arthur Morris
08-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Love the image design, the bright colors, and the effect of the filters. The WHITEs look fine.