PDA

View Full Version : Duck family

Indranil Sircar
08-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Duck family taken earlier in the week... I have rarely seen so many ducklings in a single hatch... Applied PB on one layer and Topaz simplify on another. Used layer masks to open up the ducks and their original eye. Applied few adjustment layers for selective colors and saturation. Hope you like it...

Andrew McLachlan
08-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi Indranil, 10 lovely headangles. I wish for a little more room on the left, but know how hard it is to get the whole family in the picture. The filtering is superbly done. Very nice work!

John Storjohann
08-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Hi Indranil...great capture...I agree with Andrew's observation of wanting a little more room on the left..that mama has her hands full! :S3: Very good work on the filtering and masking....well done!

denise ippolito
08-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Indranil, Great original capture. Agree w/ more room left but you did a great job w/ the head angles and the cute factor on this is over the top!:S3:

Dave Mills
08-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Hi Indranil, nice use of filters and like the mild diagonal formation. Agree about more room on the left and if this were mine I would take a bit off the top....

Susan Candelario
08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi Indranil,
Another vote for a bit more room on left, but other than that very nice capture and processing. It is so hard to get good head angles when photographing a group and considering the size of this family you did very well.
Very sweet image!

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey Indranil,
Very difficult to get that many good HA's! Nice job with the filtering....and Dave's pano recommendation doesn't make me miss the room on the left as much! Very nicely done overall!!!

Maureen Allen
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Indranil, I love this! Mama is so attentive to those babies. The filtering is very nice and gives a lovely soft fluid look to this.

Indranil Sircar
08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Thank you all. Great idea on the pano crop :S3: Here is a repost with more room on the left... this was full frame; extending and matching with the ripples was a bit of work.

Dave Mills
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Indranil...works for me! Nice repost!!

Mark Fuge
08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice image and appliction, Indranil.

There is always one trying to upscale Mom! :w3 See she has her eye on it though... :cheers: