PDA

View Full Version : morning dew (soldier Beetles)

christopher galeski
08-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Took this image the other morning,after a heavy dew,cannon 7D,cannon 100mm macro F/2.8,IS,L,USM,TRIPOD,F9,15S,ISO250.comments good or bad.thanks.

Daniel Cadieux
08-10-2011, 05:59 AM
I like the colours and the stacked poses. Dew is always a good thing too. The image looks to be suffering from motion blur. I'd try raising the ISO for more SS...even with a tripod you may get some motion blur due to wind or subject movement.

Steve Maxson
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi Christopher. This image has a lot of good things going for it - interesting behavior, great colors, nice comp, nice light, and a clean background. All the dew drops add additional interest. I would agree with Daniel about the likely motion blur - the image doesn't quite have that critical level of sharpness that I would wish to see - but at a ss of 15 sec (really? Wow!) I'm impressed that the image turned out as well as it did! :S3: With this rig you could easily go to ISO 400 and under these low light conditions I would experiment with ISO 800 and even 1600 and deal with the noise in pp.

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey Chris,
Yep.....not quite as pin sharp .......but impressive given the SS! Great advice above and as usual.....comp, light, and action are excellent.

bhavya joshi
08-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Nice moment captured. Christopher.. Lovely dew drop and nice details. :S3:

christopher galeski
08-12-2011, 02:44 AM
as usual thanks for comments and advise,agree it is not as tac sharp,but before I uploaded it ,I thought it was ok,must try harder:e3.thanks again everybody.