PDA

View Full Version : Titian Sunset 3

Judy Howle
08-09-2011, 11:50 PM
This is what the sky looked like after the cloud moved further north and started to break up. I used Nik tonal contrast on this one.

John Storjohann
08-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Judy, for me, this is the one that nails it. The darker cloud draws your eye down through the image...I love the placement of the land...great detail in the silhouette of the tree line...deep, saturated colors...the burst of color and light just above and to the left of the dark cloud mass...bravo!

Judy Howle
08-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks John! I saved the best for last :bg3:

Dave Mills
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi Judy, I feel the same as John..."you nailed it" I also mirror his critique about all the elements working well together to create a strong visual impact. The cloud sweeping diagonally from the corner adds alot to the overall. Well done!

John Platt
08-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I think it is unfair to compare them, in the few minutes between the shots the tones completely changed. This is amazing, but I still love the repost of the first image. It has a completely different -- I would say more languid feel. They are both wonderful images.

Jerry van Dijk
08-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Wonderful Judy! Great colors and contrasts, and as already said, the curved cloud guiding the eye through the image is a great plus!

Judy Howle
08-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi Judy, I feel the same as John..."you nailed it" I also mirror his critique about all the elements working well together to create a strong visual impact. The cloud sweeping diagonally from the corner adds alot to the overall. Well done!

Thanks so much Dave. I was fussing to myself when the cloud got in between me and the sunset and then this vision appeared and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Judy Howle
08-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I think it is unfair to compare them, in the few minutes between the shots the tones completely changed. This is amazing, but I still love the repost of the first image. It has a completely different -- I would say more languid feel. They are both wonderful images.
Thanks John. I am very happy with both of them but to me this one is killer with so much drama going on.

Robert Amoruso
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Nik Tonal Contrast was the way to go here Judy. Certainly the best of the series.

Andrew McLachlan
08-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi Judy, love it! The tonal contrast filter made those clouds awesome. Great work!:5

Judy Howle
08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks Robert and Andrew. I really like tonal contrast but sometimes I use Topaz Adjust instead. They are both good for skies.

Rachel Hollander
08-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Judy -very powerful sky with deep colors. Like it a lot.

TFS,
Rachel

dankearl
08-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Looks like the apocalypse, really good.

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey Judy,
Got a chance to drop by before I left.......my favorite of the series too! They all are very good......this one has the most impact!

Susan Candelario
08-11-2011, 10:05 AM
What else can I add but... A W E S O M E image all around, Judy. Love it!