PDA

View Full Version : Titian Sunset II

Judy Howle
08-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Another image from the same sunset. A long skinny low black cloud came from south to north partially obscuring the sunset but moving fast. This is when it was directly over me. Tomorrow I'll show the next in the series. It was pretty weird! I should have shot an HDR because the right side was over-exposed but I toned it down a lot. :w3

5D2, f5, 1/125s, ISO 400 Canon 24 - 105

Dave Mills
08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Judy, you do not disappoint with your sunset images. The dominant cloud has a sweeping effect coming from the top foreground taking my eye out to the back. Having a cloud LL is interesting. Good job in toning down the right. I never would of noticed that you worked it....

Judy Howle
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks Dave. I airbrushed over the lightest highlights and then burned the whole area including the water. I didn't think it was obvious and glad that you didn't either. :bg3:

Robert Amoruso
08-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree with Dave Judy, nicely composed and handled in post processing.

Roman Kurywczak
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey Judy,
Not my favaorit eof your.....but tough to follow up the earlier post! I think for me, the main darker cloud is forming a stong diagonal and taking away from both sides a bit.....make sense? Not sure you can tweak that either. It might just be that you've spoiled us with the really strong ones! This is still nice overall.....just perhpas not as strong for my tastes....but still a nice addition to the collection!

Brendan Dozier
08-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Great looking, moody sky, Judy. Nice work!

Andrew McLachlan
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Judy, I like the comp and you handled the right side very nicely. I wonder if the main dark cloud would have a little more punch to it if you applied Nik's tonal contrast. Nicely done!

Judy Howle
08-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks Robert!

Judy Howle
08-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi Roman,

I know what you mean but I liked it because the cloud was so unusual more so than it being an outstanding photo. :w3

Judy Howle
08-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Judy, I like the comp and you handled the right side very nicely. I wonder if the main dark cloud would have a little more punch to it if you applied Nik's tonal contrast. Nicely done!

Thanks Andrew! I used Topaz Adjust on it. I didn't try Tonal contrast but I'll check it out.