PDA

View Full Version : Green Frog

Andrew McLachlan
08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Yet another frog photo from a couple of weeks back. I didn't bother cleaning up the flashed highlights on this one as they seem to be less noticeable when Fractalius is applied, I'll have a ton of that to do when I optimize the image normally though. I used Fractalius and completed desaturated the image in Fractalius and then reduced the opacity to bring back a little color. Tried masking the eyes back in, but thought it didn't look quite right so left them as is. I kinda like the frog dead center...what do you think?

Look forward to comments.

Jay Sheinfield
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi Andrew, Yeh, he could be dead center. Is that his tongue sticking out? No biggie. Man this is so cool. Crop it your taste and then hang it on the wall! Two thumbs way up!!!:S3: It is a feast of detail, and frog blends in so well......perfect Frac filter.

denise ippolito
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Andrew, It reminds me of one of those where's Waldo pictures! Very different and I like the center crop-nice job!:S3: I want to know also-is that the tongue?

Judy Howle
08-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I love it Andrew! Centered works perfectly. That would be good to enter if they have another camouflage theme!

Hilary Hann
08-09-2011, 01:37 AM
The centre composition works well. I would remove the darker patch just in front of the frog as it doesn't look like anything in particular and messes up the nice markings of the green leaves. Nicely graphic image.

Paul Lagasi
08-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Ditto on both the Camo and Waldo comments, agree about dark spot just in front of mouth...but nice thinking and effects on this image..well done

Brendan Dozier
08-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Very interesting and cool looking composition, Andrew. Like the POV, and nice frac application. Looks great as is, but I would also be tempted to try adding just a bit of contrast overall.
Like the pen & ink illustrated look to this, nice work!

Nancy Bell
08-09-2011, 03:53 PM
This is super cool! I'm glad you said there was a frog in there. I really like the unique look to this. Very creatively done.

Andrew McLachlan
08-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks folks for the comments, very much appreciated. The dark spot or what some thought may be a tongue is a dead duckweed leaf that is reddish brown in color. I will go back and evict that one. Thanks again!