PDA

View Full Version : Red Head

Oscar Zangroniz
03-30-2008, 07:18 PM
This is about the only half decent flight shot from this morning at Anhinga. Need for some to tell me how I can remove the blur from the photo in cs3, since i still don't know to much about cs3

Nikon D200
Sigma 50-500mm
Focal length: 500mm
F/ 6.3
SS: 1/4000
ISO: 400
Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp:-1.3ev

Thank to all this morning for you help. Specially Al, Fabs, Gus and the infamous Harold ( finally nice to meet you and your wife)
Had a great time with all of you guys.
Regards,

Arthur Morris
03-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Oscar, The serious problems with this image began at the moment of capture, actually before when you set the EXP COMP to -1/3 stop. For dark subjects against blue skies you generally need to add a bit of light (even with Nikon...) This, there is no detail in the underwing and there is lots of noise in the BKGR... You could use the Clone Tool, the Patch Tool, or best of all, use a Quick Mask. The latter two are a bit on the advanced side. I would strongly recommend that you order a copy of our Digital Basics PDF as you would learn a ton.

later and love, artie

Paul Pagano
03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi Oscar,

Not sure about your experiences with the Sigma 50-500 but I shot it with Pentax for a year and have less than 8 good in-flight shots to show for it. I found it really though to get good focus..

I agree that this situation would probably have called for + EV.

Gus Cobos
03-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey Oscar,
Nice composition as far as subject placement goes. However, agree with Arthur on the rest. Your background is a bit underexposed and there are no details on the wings of the bird...:confused:
We need to play a little more with the exposure comp in your camera ( EV values )

Alfred Forns
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi Oscar it was fun fun today !!! Agree with Artie Remember how I was calling more light all morning unless I was harassing Gus about his ND filter :D

btw the STK did not show after you guys left !!!

Gus Cobos
03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Al, as a faithfull student, I took off all of the UV filters from all of my lenses. What I had on my 300mm this morning was a UV filter not a ND...:D
It was fun this morning with you and Fabs practicing my flight tracking...:)

Always the best...

Gus...:cool:

Harold Davis
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
what else can i say that arthur and al didnt already say. AND HOW DID I BECOME INFAMOUS!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:p:p