PDA

View Full Version : Red Squirrel

Grady Weed
03-30-2008, 06:09 PM
This squirrel was trying all he could to stay warm in th below wind chill temps we still have hanging around. I like how he is trying to keep warm in the sun and he tried to hide from me by tucking his nose behind the branch. We were just driving around looking for owls and found him instead.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N, Shooting Date/Time 3/30/2008 14:58:00, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1250Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F8.0, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation -2/3, ISO Speed 400, Lens EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x, Focal Length 600.0 mm. Hand held from truck window.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Fabs Forns
03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
I like the idea, but wish we could see the whole face.

Grady Weed
03-30-2008, 07:15 PM
His hiding from me and trying to stay warm by hiding his face is the whole purpose of taking this image as it is. :)

But I appreciate your taking the time to post your thoughts Fabs. :)

Alfred Forns
03-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Grady Understand what you were trying but would also rather see the full face Just hiding the mouth and nose doesn't do it for me

Do like the pose a lot and feather detail Would tone down the tree a bit !!!

Robert Amoruso
03-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Grady,

Does the image meet your intent - sounds like it does in the context of the story about what the little guy is doing. On its own, having the face visible, it becomes a stronger image without explanation. It all depends upon the context.

I felt it looked unsharp so ran three small JPG USM rounds on it and burned down the branch.

Roman Kurywczak
03-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Grady,
while I really like your intent........I must agree with Fabs and Alfred............unless you are there to explain it........no one would know as there is no snow/fog/ice....etc.
Robert's correction definitely helped overall...........but for me......I need more of the face,
Roman

Jonathan Michael Ashton
04-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Nice shot, but I have to say my first reaction was where is his nose? Sorry it won't ring my bell unless I can see the whole face.
Jon