PDA

View Full Version : Lime Stone Morning

Don Lacy
08-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Playing around with landscapes again at my local beach this was close to low tide and I wish I had more water in the lime stone but this will have to do for now.

1D MK III, 17-40 f/4, 13s @ f/16, Manual Mode, Spot Metered, 2 stop ND filter, ISO 100,

Roman Kurywczak
08-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Don,
I'm starting to recognize the rocks by you guys!:bg3: I like the gradient of colors and you placed the main rock in a great position. I've debated a cropp off the top and then squeezing in the sides......but I think just taking down the brightness a bit and upping the contrast ....water up.....really giving them more color and pop will further strengthen this. Just some ideas to explore as this is very well done!

Dave Mills
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi Don, Nice image with a great foreground. At first I thought about cropping the top but then decided against it due to the elimination of the color gradient. I like Romans idea about toning down the brightness and upping the contrast. That should give it more pop and impact...

Roger Clark
08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi Don,

Very nice image. I agree with Roman and Dave. The viewer's eye will be drawn to the bright horizon where there is only a horizon. So decreasing brightness and adding contrast (along with color saturation) would reduce that draw and help relatively lighten the foreground.

Roger

Don Lacy
08-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Here is the repost with a darker sky and water and a bit more saturations also

Roman Kurywczak
08-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey Don.....works for me.....and even if you want to go crazier! All things possible with good bones...... the rest......is just gravy!

Andrew McLachlan
08-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Don, love the repost. very beautifully done! Love the foreground rocks.

Robert Amoruso
08-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Don, I downloaded your image and lightened the rocks and water using curves, darkened the sky using curves, opened up shadows using shadows/highlights.

In examining the sides, I notice a small tidal pool clipped on the right and the bottom foot of the the leading FG rock clipped too.

Overall, nicely composed with soft pastel colors. A very pleasing image.