PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird

Nancy Bell
08-05-2011, 06:16 PM
This is a female Broad-tailed Hummingbird. I used PB oil painting, Topaz buz sim and smooth & flat, different layers with various opacities and finally a bit of curves. The original was taken just at dawn. I sit on my bedroom balconey with coffee in one hand and my camera in the other!

C & C most welcome.

Maureen Allen
08-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice one, Nancy. I like the graduated sky and the pb effect on the HB. Lovely colors on the bird. I might be tempted to give him a little more room on top.

Kerry Perkins
08-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Nancy, I really like the colors of the bird against the blue sky, nice! Looks like a painting and a nice one too. I could go for a tad more on top also. Well done.

John Storjohann
08-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Nancy, I echo Maureen & Kerry's thoughts..a bit more up top and, for me, a bit more on the left. I love the warm tones to the colors on the hummingbird and, as mentioned by Maureen, the graduated colors in the BG really compliment the image. Nicely done!

Indranil Sircar
08-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Beautiful composition, Nancy. I like the hummer's pose and the pb effect on it. It definitely stands out on the graduated bg. Nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Nancy,
Room on top mentioned.....bit off left and more up top (nore vert comp).....make this shine for me! The rest works for me!!!

denise ippolito
08-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Nancy, Beautiful capture and nice job with the filtering. I might consider a bit more room on top as mentioned and a little off the left and a little added to the right. Sounds like a dream sitting on your balcony with a cup of coffee in one hand and a camera in another!!:S3:

Mitch Carucci
08-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Love the effect. I like the dynamic positioning of the hummer! Very nice work.

Andrew McLachlan
08-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi Nancy, beautifully processed image. Agree with a little more on top and more on the right and a little off the left. That's the way to take photos - coffee in one hand, camera in the other. Very nice work! :S3:

Bob Miller
08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Beautiful artistic rendition of a hummingbird! Agree with cropping suggestions above